Road Signs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7/21- Galatians 1

2 posters

Go down

7/21- Galatians 1 Empty Well....

Post  Jeff Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Chris wrote:Great post Jeff! So how is that going? You asked me to keep you accountable. Have been praying to seek God's voice?

No, I haven't. Somehow I started this whole thing on fire and now it's become a royal pain in the butt....but that's probably because I haven't been seeking his guidence. I'm also really shocked by the lack of participation by my fellow bible study ppl, so I've lost a lot of my steam in that area as well......And what with Heather going to the E.R. this week and having her headaches...I've just totally fallen behind the 8 ball on this one.
Jeff
Jeff
Admin

https://roadsigns.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

7/21- Galatians 1 Empty Hey!

Post  Chris Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:46 pm

Great post Jeff! So how is that going? You asked me to keep you accountable. Have been praying to seek God's voice?
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

7/21- Galatians 1 Empty 7/21- Galatians 1

Post  Jeff Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:48 pm

I may be completely off the mark in my interpretation of this chapter but I believe it is laying the ground work for establishing that the bible is God authored. While I already held this as a deep rooted belief, there was something else in this passage that stuck a chord with me. Verse 10 (NIV Version) says:

“Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

To me, this makes a strong statement about where my priorities should lie. In my daily life, am I striving to serve God, or Man, or for that matter, myself. So today I will try to be conscious of my motivations and essentially ask myself if my actions are for the betterment of God or Me?

I also noticed in verse 15:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace..."

Here, is see that Paul is acknowledging that God has had a plan for him since birth and that he is acting upon God's will to fulfill this plan. Well, I have no idea what God's plan is for me, so based on this scripture I believe I need to make a concerted daily effort of prayer to make Gods will known to me, so that I too can follow his plan.
Jeff
Jeff
Admin

https://roadsigns.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

7/21- Galatians 1 Empty Re: 7/21- Galatians 1

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down